Markree Castle, part of the Romantic Castles of Ireland Collection, are recruiting for Full-Time and Part-Time Bar Staff to join their team. No experience needed.
Why work at Markree Castle:
– Free Transport Provided to and from IT Sligo
– Shifts to Suit College Schedule
– Full Hospitality Training Provided
Main purpose of the job:
Your first duty is to greet guests on arrival into the bar, and at all times in a warm, welcoming and friendly manner. Be friendly, smile, respect their position, irrespective of your own personal opinions and always make them feel appreciated! Our guests keep us as individuals in a job, and, as an operation, they keep us in business
To ensure the cleanliness and order; correct mis-en-place and set up of the bar prior to and during service, ensuring guests are warmly greeted and promptly served to a high standard as set by the general standards of a four star castle hotel.
· To report for duty on time and in the correct uniform,, as outlined in your induction handbook
· To ensure that the bar area is kept clean and fully stocked at all times
· Follow rigidly and observe all hygiene regulations
· Ensure the accuracy of all floats by checking them and reporting irregularities (senior bar personnel only)
· You are responsible for the efficient dispensing and serving of drinks
· You are also responsible for the efficient service of bar food, with full tray set up to the standard of a four star castle hotel.
· Food must be served in accordance with and with respect for the standard set by the chef.
· To carry out our customer relations policy (displayed on staff room notice board and on roster board and in back office)
· To communicate our services and facilities to guests as required
· To deal with any customer complaints in a professional manner and notify management of these
· To ensure that guests’ needs and requirements are met.
· To ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming
· To ensure that all reasonable care is taken for yourself, other employees a, guests and all other persons on the premises.
· To carry out fire drills
· To observe all safety procedures and rules
· To report and where possible take action on any incidents of accident or damage
· To attend all training courses and meetings as notified to you by management
· To carry out any other duties notified to you by management: in general, your main duties will involve bar set up and service including bar food service, but the overall scope of your position will also incorporate aspects of banqueting service, room service and guest’s service.